THERMOS Training & Capacity Building Presentations
- Webinar 1: Energy mapping and modelling with THERMOS
- Webinar 2: Embedding THERMOS in your city
- Webinar 3: Optimising thermal planning with THERMOS
Watch webinar recordings on our THERMOS YouTube channel here.
THERMOS City Case Studies
Download our THERMOS City Case Study Report designed to support cities in embedding the THERMOS tool in their local energy planning processes. THERMOS cities Jelgava (LV), Warsaw (PL), Granollers (ES), Cascais (PT), Alba Iulia (RO), Berlin (DE), London and Islington (UK) share their experiences to support replication by other local authorities. The report includes initial guidance on modelling case studies with the THERMOS Tool and describes, amongst others, the most relevant case studies selected by each of the cities, the stakeholders involved, the inputs included, the results obtained, and the conclusions reached.
THERMOS Baseline Replication Assessment Report
Download the THERMOS Baseline Replication Assessment Report, mapping out and assessing the national and local framework conditions for a successful adoption of the THERMOS software model in THERMOS cities.
THERMOS Train the Trainer & Capacity Building Modules
The THERMOS training and capacity building modules available for download are designed not only to enhance knowledge on district heating, thermal energy, financing and stakeholder involvement but also to enable experts to train others on these topics.
Discover the tools below:
- Module 0: Introduction
- Module 1: Thermal energy supply and demand in Europe
- Module 2: Energy System Mapping and Modelling with THERMOS
- Module 3: Embedding THERMOS in your City
- Module 4: Optimising thermal planning, resources and technologies with THERMOS
- Module 5: Heating and cooling market and finance
- Module 6: Stakeholders involvement for adopting THERMOS
For more on THERMOS training and capacity building and how to become a THERMOS trainer or Ambassador contact email@example.com.
Case Studies by THERMOS users
- Eurométropole de Strasbourg: Assessing implications of a district heating network for the area of Lingolsheim, France (Dec 2019).
- SF2E - Manergy: Assessing feasibility and cost-effectiveness of a DHC network for Meylan, France (Dec 2019)
- ALL Ing ABATE: Development of a Heat Network for municipal buildings in San Lucido, Italy(Dec 2019)
- Filippo Capizzi, Greenfish Consultancy: Case study for a district heating network between Université libre de Bruxelles and a residential area in Brussels, Belgium (June 2020)
THERMOS Pitch Book
Better Planning for better results with THERMOS - Advance your thermal district energy planning and support the decarbonisation of heating and cooling in towns and cities across Europe with the THERMOS pitch book.
The THERMOS pitch is supporting THERMOS Ambassadors, Partners, Trainers, Users and other stakeholders in presenting the THERMOS tool and highlighting the importance of heating and cooling for the local (and European) energy transition to a broader audience. Supported by facts and figures on air quality, energy efficiency and state-of-the-art energy planning with the THERMOS software, the pitch is compiles all the arguments needed to adopt THERMOS for optimising district energy in your city.
* If you want to use this presentation, reference and credit the THERMOS H2020 project and indicate any changes you made to the original text or pictures.
THERMOS Innovation Catalogue
Download the full Innovation Catalogue with all 14 case studies as a pdf in EN here.
Skim through a teaser with a selection of cases below.
Marko Aunedi, Antonio Marco Pantaleo, Kamal Kuriyan, Goran Strbac, Nilay Shah,
"Modelling of national and local interactions between heat and electricity networks in low-carbon energy systems", in Applied Energy, vol 276, 2020.
Steffen Nielsen, Jakob Zinck Thellufsen, Peter Sorknæs, Søren Roth Djørup, Karl Sperling, Poul Alberg Østergaard, Henrik Lund, "Smart Energy Aalborg: Matching End-Use Heat Saving Measures and Heat Supply Costs to Achieve Least Cost Heat Supply", vol 25, 2020.
Lars Grundahl, Steffen Nielsen, "Heat atlas accuracy compared to metered data", vol 23, 2019.
Kamal Kuriyan, Nilay Shah, "A combined spatial and technological model for the planning of district energy systems", International Journal of Sustainable Energy Planning and Management, vol 21, 2019.
X. Zhang, G. Strbac, N. Shah, F. Teng and D. Pudjianto, "Whole-System Assessment of the Benefits of Integrated Electricity and Heat System," in IEEE Transactions on Smart Grid, vol. 10, no. 1, pp. 1132-1145, Jan. 2019.
K. Kuriyan and N. Shah, "A combined spatial and technological model for the planning of
district energy systems," in International Journal of Sustainable Energy Planning and Management, vol. 21, pp.111-131, 2019.