Training & Tool Materials
Would you like to adopt THERMOS professionally and become fully proficient in using it? Explore our Training & tool materials below guiding you from taking your first steps with the software to adopting THERMOS professionally for different purposes and processes linked to the energy transition.
The materials have been developed, updated and improved over the course of four training programmes and the work with our cities and energy stakeholders from across Europe.
Be it for conducting your own pre-feasibility and case studies, fine tuning existing results & figures, conducting research or improving your stakeholder engagement and financing methods, by completing the steps below you will be able to confidently:
- Apply THERMOS and its features for optimised energy system mapping and modelling
- Develop your own case studies with the tool
- Integrate results of the THERMOS software in urban planning or research processes
- Identify key district energy planning and financing methods
- Connect the role of local heating & cooling to national to EU climate & energy policy & dynamics
- Outline key concepts of stakeholder engagement for local thermal project planning
- Improve local energy and climate action planning
- THERMOS Software demo video
- THERMOS Software Brochure and Software Pitch Presentation (in all THERMOS languages)
- THERMOS Replication Guide & Sustainable Adoption Roadmap
- Webinar: Energy system mapping and modelling with THERMOS - pdf presentation - recording
Webinar: Embedding THERMOS in your city - recording
Webinar: Presentation of Cases by Trainers - recording
Advance from theory to THERMOS practice
Watch our Exercise videos, complete three THERMOS practical exercises and check your answers against our model answers.
Clip for Exercise 2: Optimising network results
Exercise 2: Optimising planning decisions
Model solutions: Exercise 2
Clip for Exercise 3: Modifying paths and demand
Exercise 3: Modifying demand and network paths
Model solutions: Exercise 3
Dive deep into energy planning & market dynamics
Improve your knowledge about the district heating & cooling sector, thermal energy demand and supply in Europe, relevant key stakeholders, and viable financing options in our additional Training material below.
You can either watch them as a video, or download them as pdf here.
Get inspired for what is possible with THERMOS by real case studies developed with THERMOS by previous Training participants, Ambassadors, THERMOS users, THERMOS cities and partners.
A collection of THERMOS Case Studies by partners developed with THERMOS users from Ukraine to Spain can be found in our THERMOS User Case Studies Report.
- THERMOS city and ambassador case study collection (available by 31 March 21)
- Eurométropole de Strasbourg: Assessing implications of a district heating network for the area of Lingolsheim, France (Dec 2019).
- SF2E - Manergy: Assessing feasibility and cost-effectiveness of a DHC network for Meylan, France (Dec 2019)
- ALL Ing ABATE: Development of a Heat Network for municipal buildings in San Lucido, Italy(Dec 2019)
- Filippo Capizzi, Greenfish Consultancy: Case study for a district heating network between Université libre de Bruxelles and a residential area in Brussels, Belgium (June 2020)
- Read the THERMOS Innovation Catalogue to get inspire by real-life low-carbon district heating and cooling projects
- Consult the THERMOS Baseline Replication Report (2018) from our THERMOS cities
Join academic ranks
Need hard proof for all the claims we make above before spending your time? Read up on the science behind THERMOS in our academic publications on the too
Any questions left unanswered? Consult the THERMOS user forum or contact us at email@example.com.