THERMOS Train-the-Trainer Certification Programme
Stay tuned for Pathway C to start in March 2020!
Ready to become a THERMOS Trainer confident in applying the software and to train others in using it?
Are you interested in conducting better heating and cooling planning supporting your local sustainable energy and climate action plans? Would you like to work with the THERMOS tool to enable a faster upgrade, refurbishment and the expansion of existing infrastructure or develop new networks in your town?
Did you say yes to all or any of those questions? Then dive right in and obtain your certificate easily online and optimise your district energy network planning in no time!
What does it mean to be a certified THERMOS Trainer?
THERMOS Trainers are all those energy planning experts and stakeholders that completed all steps of our training and are thus fully confident to:
- Apply the THERMOS software for optimised energy system mapping and modelling
- Develop preliminary case studies and complete basic planning exercises with THERMOS
- Train others to apply THERMOS
- Integrate results of the THERMOS software in urban planning processes
- Identify key district energy planning and financing methods
- Connect the role of local heating & cooling to dynamics of heat demand/supply in Europe
- Outline key concepts of stakeholder engagement processes for local thermal project planning
- Improve local energy and climate action planning
Trainers will receive a certificate, including a supplement document stating the obtained competences, skills and knowledge. Beware! Items 4-8 listed above are covered by our optional steps, referencing additional materials. Those Trainers handing only Step 1-2 will get testified for being able to apply the software (Items 1-3). In order to get fully certified for all items, Trainers have to complete steps 1-3.
What do I need to do?
Complete all steps as outlined below and you cannot go wrong!
First, register! Let us know you wish to participate, as well as your details for preparing your certificate by signing up for Pathway C here.
Now complete the steps below until 15 June 2020 and receive an email from us upon completion with your certificate. Please note that we will only get in touch with you, if you handed in at least all three exercises listed under step 2.
Step 1 - Get introduced!
Get started by having a look at our 10 min THERMOS demo video.
Re-watch our three recorded webinars on the THERMOS software:
Webinar 3: Optimising thermal planning, resources and technologies with THERMOS in Warsaw
Download the presentation here.
Step 2 - Get started!
Access, complete and submit three corresponding exercises guiding your first steps with THERMOS online on EasyClass:
Exercise 1: Planning & evaluating a project with THERMOS.
Exercise 2: Optimising planning decisions
Exercise 3: Modifying demand and network paths
Go to EasyClass.com, create a student profile, and enter the access code for downloading and submitting the three exercises. Access Code - 9JGL-X3GO
Step 3 (relevant only for full certificate)
Improve your knowledge about the district heating & cooling sector, thermal energy demand and supply in Europe, relevant key stakehoders, and viable financing options in our additional Training material below.
You can either watch them as a video, or download them as pdf here.
Submitted all? Congrats, you are eligible for a full THERMOS certificate! Await good news in your inbox!
Be Pro - Case Study with THERMOS (optional)!
Advance to THERMOS Pro: Develop and advance your own case by receiving direct feedback from THERMOS experts to promote heat and cold network projects in your city.
Get inspired by examples (and user experience and feedback) from previous THERMOS Trainers and their case studies below.
- Eurométropole de Strasbourg: Assessing implications of a district heating network for the area of Lingolsheim, France (Dec 2019).
- SF2E - Manergy: Assessing feasibility and cost-effectiveness of a DHC network for Meylan, France (Dec 2019)
- ALL Ing ABATE: Development of a Heat Network for municipal buildings in San Lucido, Italy(Dec 2019)
- Read the THERMOS Innovation Catalogue to get inspire by real-life low-carbon district heating and cooling projects
- Consult the THERMOS Baseline Replication Report (2018) from our cities
If you wish to conduct a case study, please tag the relevant box in the registration form, or inform us via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For all those who made it to this stage of the text after having faithfully consulted all our material: Congrats you are dedicated to roll-out energy efficient, low-carbon district energy solutions and now you also have a tool at hand to help you implement them!
There is only one thing left to do: Do good and talk about it!
Let your colleagues, partners, customers and other peers know about your recent study efforts, and the benefits of the THERMOS tool!
Find below helpful materials to spread the word and introduce your peers to the THERMOS software to work as a team!
- THERMOS Software Brochure available in all THERMOS languagues
- THERMOS Software Pitch Presentation (soon to come in all languagues)
For the sceptic
Need hard proof for all the claims we make above before spending your time? Read up on the science behind THERMOS in our academic publications on the tool, the THERMOS Baseline Replication Report (2018) from the eight THERMOS cities and hear from Trainers themselves about the programme and software on THERMOS Voices.