Would you like to become an expert THERMOS software user conducting optimised heating and cooling planning more cost- and time effectively? Explore our Training materials below guiding you from taking your first steps with the software to adopting THERMOS professionally.
The materials have been developed, updated and improved over the course of four training programmes to enable you to evaluate and identify your optimal solution for the upgrade, refurbishment and expansion of an existing heating and cooling network or the development of new low-carbon ones within minutes.
By following and completing the steps below you will be able to confidently:
- Apply the THERMOS software and its features for optimised energy system mapping and modelling
- Develop your own case studies with the tool
- Integrate results of the THERMOS software in urban planning processes
- Identify key district energy planning and financing methods
- Connect the role of local heating & cooling to dynamics of heat demand/supply in the EU
- Outline key concepts of stakeholder engagement for local thermal project planning
- Improve local energy and climate action planning
Not convinced yet it’s worth your time? Hear what THERMOS trainers and users have to say about the software here.
Get started with THERMOS
- THERMOS Software demo video
- THERMOS Software Brochure and Software Pitch Presentation (in all THERMOS languages)
- Webinar: Energy system mapping and modelling with THERMOS - pdf presentation - recording
Webinar: Embedding THERMOS in your city - recording
Webinar: Presentation of Cases by Trainers - recording
Advance from theory to practice
Watch our Exercise videos, complete three THERMOS practical exercises and check your answers against our model answers.
Exercise 2: Optimising planning decisions
Clip for Exercise 2: Optimising network results
Model solutions: Exercise 2
Exercise 3: Modifying demand and network paths
Clip for Exercise 3: Modifying paths and demand
Model solutions: Exercise 3
Dive deep into energy planning and market dynamics
Improve your knowledge about the district heating & cooling sector, thermal energy demand and supply in Europe, relevant key stakeholders, and viable financing options in our additional Training material below.
You can either watch them as a video, or download them as pdf here.
Join academic ranks
Need hard proof for all the claims we make above before spending your time? Read up on the science behind THERMOS in our academic publications on the tool
Get inspired for what is possible with THERMOS by real case studies developed with THERMOS by previous Training participants.
- Eurométropole de Strasbourg: Assessing implications of a district heating network for the area of Lingolsheim, France (Dec 2019).
- SF2E - Manergy: Assessing feasibility and cost-effectiveness of a DHC network for Meylan, France (Dec 2019)
- ALL Ing ABATE: Development of a Heat Network for municipal buildings in San Lucido, Italy(Dec 2019)
- Filippo Capizzi, Greenfish Consultancy: Case study for a district heating network between Université libre de Bruxelles and a residential area in Brussels, Belgium (June 2020)
- Read the THERMOS Innovation Catalogue to get inspire by real-life low-carbon district heating and cooling projects
- Consult the THERMOS Baseline Replication Report (2018) from our THERMOS cities
For all those who made it to this stage of the text after having faithfully consulted all our material: You are really committed to supporting the roll-out of more energy efficient, low-carbon district energy solutions! We hope you find the THERMOS software to be a valuable tool to support you in this endeavour!
Any questions left unanswered? Consult the THERMOS user forum or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.