THERMOS Train-the-Trainer Certification Programme
NEW DATES! New Chance!
Experience the THERMOS software hands-on
Mark you calendars for 24th September 2019 and sign up for free.
Are you interested in supporting better heating and cooling planning and in implementing better projects and local sustainable energy and climate action plans in accordance with climate policy trends?
Work with and learn from THERMOS to enable a faster upgrade, refurbishment and the expansion of existing infrastructure and to accelerate the development of new low carbon heating and cooling systems across Europe.
Be amongst the first to test and apply the THERMOS software, develop your own case study with THERMOS and receive exclusive guidance on how to apply it best for your purposes!
What is the Train-the-Trainers (TtT) Certification Programme?
The TtT programme aims to train local and regional energy authorities, energy agencies or representatives from public or private utilities, as well as other stakeholders managing local energy networks in using and applying the THERMOS software and to train them to train others.
Participants will be awarded a testifying certificate stating the competences and knowledge acquired, after participation in three live webinars taking place on 24th September, 8th & 22nd October at 16:00 CET and the development of a case study using THERMOS.
Why become a THERMOS Trainer?
THERMOS TtT will not only provide participants with up-to-date knowledge about innovation and best practices in heating and cooling from THERMOS partner city practitioners but will enable participants to:
- Understand and explain the importance of district energy planning, with emphasis on thermal energy networks planning.
- Use and apply the THERMOS software and its features, including energy system mapping and modelling optimization methods
- Develop your own case study with THERMOS
- Apprehend how to integrate results of the THERMOS software in urban planning processes
- Identify key district energy planning and financing methods
- Improve local energy and climate action planning
Not convinced yet? Hear what former Trainers have to say about THERMOS here.
How to obtain the THERMOS certificate
- Participate in three live webinars and three more non-obligatory recorded webinars that can be accessed at any time (covering topics from thermal energy demand in Europe to heating and cooling markets, thermal energy planning and how to embed THERMOS in your city)
- Seize the opportunity to perform a case study with THERMOS (based on the webinars).
- Optional: Participate in the TtT Workshop on 5 December 2019 in Berlin (travel support available for selected participants)
Full calendar and overview here.
Online Training Webinars
The first round of Training Webinars took place from October to November 2018. The second round will start on 24th September 2019.
Kick off - Energy system mapping and modelling with THERMOS
24th September 2019 - 16:00CET
Embedding THERMOS in your city
8th October 2019 - 16:00CET
Optimizing thermal planning, resources and technologies with THERMOS
22nd October 2019 - 16:00CET
For a full overview of content, duration, times and dates download the agenda here.
Frequently asked Questions
- Do I have to pay to participate in the programme:
No, participation in the TtT programme is free of charge and is completely covered by the THERMOS project. However, travelling costs for the final Workshop will have to be covered by the participant. Some scholarships will be awarded based on participants’ multiplication roles.
- When will the next series of TtT webinars start?
The next edition will start on 24th September 2019.
- How much time will it take me to successfully finish the course?
The time you spend will depend on your previous knowledge about thermal energy planning and THERMOS. On average it will not require more than 4-5 hours to take part in the three live webinars. The three recorded webinars are recommended but not obligatory to develop a case study with THERMOS (guided) and can be accessed at all times.
- Is it necessary to participate in the webinar when they are on air or can I watch the webinars at a later point of time?
We encourage all participants to participate actively in the three live webinars, as they will be reactive to Trainers' interests and feature a live guidance in how to use the tool for YOUR cases. For a successful completion and being awarded a certificate, participation in the three live webinars is mandatory in order to apply the software for the final case study. Recorded webinars will provide additional information valuable to advance your energy planning.
- What is the THERMOS software?
An open-source application that will support better district thermal energy planning for local stakeholders faced with the following scenarios:
- Development of new district energy planning including demand based expansion and waste heat recovery options
- Network modernisation, upgrades and refurbishment
- Industrial cogeneration and heat network development
Have a look yourself with our THERMOS demo video.
Any questions left unanswered? Interested in becoming a THERMOS Trainer and to learn more about optimised thermal energy planning with the THERMOS software? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or sign up directly here.